Mar. 4th- Mar. 8th

 Reminders:

- 4 parents have let me know they can help on the field trip, volunteering. We need 2-4 more volunteers for all of the days still! If you have a police clearance and are able to volunteer for any of the days please let Ms. Parkhurst know. 

Highlights from the week:

- We have been talking about culture. Thinking about our own culture and the culture in different Canadian communities. Ask me what I know about culture. 

- We have been focusing on addition that needs regrouping, this week. At home, I can continue practicing the addition strategies we have been learning: stacking with regrouping, adding on a 100s chart and number lines. 

- We have been doing literacy centres all week. I have brought home a sheet that I can continue practicing each day. These are skills that should be practiced more than once. We can even come up with new words that follow the phonics rule I am practicing! 

- For Science we have been focusing on sound. Ask me about the water pitch experiment we did! Ask me to show you my Sandwich Flute!! 

Favourite books we read this week:

- our novel: The Wild Robot Escapes

- My Food, Your Food, Our Food

- Malala's Magic Pencil

Pictures from this week:













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday 21st March

Wednesday 29th November

Thursday, 7th December